Xylitol, an artificial sweetener, is found in toothpaste and chewing gum made from hardwood trees. Excessive xylitol consumption can lead to diarrhea, flatulence, and bloating in humans. However, it is extremely toxic for dogs. It is important that xylitol-containing products are kept away from your dog’s reach, even if they happen to be accidentally eaten.
Dogs’ kidneys are not capable of metabolizing alcohol as efficiently as humans. This can lead to medical problems. Your dog will be healthier if you give him clean, fresh water.
Your dog can be hurt by the avocado pulp, not the pit, peel, and leaves. They contain persin, which can cause vomiting and diarrhea.
Although caffeine isn’t toxic to dogs it can cause them to become hypersensitive to it. Your dog may experience hyperactivity or tremors if he consumes even a small amount.
Chocolate is toxic to dogs, as it is well-documented. Theobromine is a stimulant that can disrupt your dog’s metabolism. Dogs are more at risk from dark chocolate, as it is high in theobromine. Dogs can experience upset stomachs, heart problems, internal bleeding or even death depending on how much they eat.
Fried and fatty food
Dogs can also be affected by fatty and greasy foods, just as they can by humans. Dogs can get upset stomachs from high-fat foods. These foods can also cause obesity and other health problems.
Onion and garlic
People often cook with garlic and onions, but dogs are allergic to these ingredients. It doesn’t matter if onions or garlic are cooked, eating them can cause anemia in your dog’s red blood cells.
Grapes and raisins
These fruits are good for people but toxic for dogs. Grapes in particular can have a severe effect on dogs’ health and may cause sudden and acute renal failure.
They may look healthy but they can be dangerous for your dog’s health. They can choke on them due to their large size and can cause stomach upsets. Macadamia nuts are particularly toxic for dogs. They are not often fatal but can cause vomiting, fever, lethargy, and the inability to walk your dog.
Milk, cream, and cheese
As they age, dogs become less able to digest dairy. If they consume milk, cream or cheese, they might experience symptoms such as diarrhea, vomiting, upset stomach, and diarrhea.
It’s important to immediately inform your vet if your dog ate something that it shouldn’t have. To ensure your dog only eats the best, you should keep toxic foods away from them.