A normal dog will be pregnant for 58-63 days. This period is divided into three milestone periods: early pregnancy, mid-pregnancy, and late pregnancy. What is the menu for pregnant dogs to pay attention to?
Menu for pregnant dogs at the beginning of pregnancy
Your daily meal should allocate 29% protein and 17% fat.
During this time, hormonal changes will make dogs more prone to anorexia, you should choose a dog food with a delicious taste, and soft texture to stimulate eating.
Menu for pregnant dogs mid-pregnancy
This is the period from 4 to 6 weeks of pregnancy. This is the period of great development of the fetus, so Sen should increase the Boss’s diet from 15% -30% to feed both the mother dog and the puppy. During this period, Sen should supplement the mother dog with dog foods that contain a lot of protein, rich in fiber, and especially need iron supplements to avoid anemia.
The menu at the end of pregnancy for pregnant dogs
At weeks 7-9, the mother dog eats quite erratically. At first, he will eat a lot, but as he gets closer to labor, Boss will eat very little. Compared to the first period, the last cycle of pregnant dogs needs to be loaded with 30-50% more calories. Soft, easy-to-digest, and easy-to-digest pregnant dog foods such as pate, bonus soup will be the first choice.
Important notes when taking care of pregnant dogs
- Provide high-calorie, high-fat, calcium and phosphorus-rich dog food for the mother dog.
- Protein intake during this period needs to be supplemented more for the puppy to grow healthy.
- Supplementing with foods rich in DHA helps stimulate the development of the puppy’s nervous system.
- Provide more iron during pregnancy to raise healthy babies.
- It is advisable to take the mother dog to the veterinarian for regular check-ups and antenatal check-ups.
- Hygiene, clean bathing for the mother dog to prevent ticks and lice during the maternity cycle.