If you have a pet, you know how difficult it may be to clean your dog. A dog will enjoy a bath if you make it enjoyable by utilizing a high-quality dog washer. However, if you do not use the proper dog washer, bath time will turn into a conflict with your dog.
Portable dog washes are ideal for bathing your dog. Aside from allowing you to shower your dog from anywhere, some portable dog washers also include extra attachments to help you massage and groom your dog while bathing.
What Are Portable Dog Washers?
Portable dog washers are handheld cleaning equipment that may be used anywhere. Unlike traditional washing stations, these dog washers are movable, allowing you to reach all of the hidden sections and deliver the necessary water pressure for the best results. These washers are also intended to consume less water and produce less debris.
Best Portable Dog Washers
The design and technique by which portable dog washes spread water differ. Furthermore, some dog washes are intended for indoor usage only, while others are suited for both indoor and outdoor use.
The following is a list of the top portable washers on the market today, as well as what distinguishes them from the competition.
Waterpik Pet Wand Pro Shower
The Waterpik PPR-252 is a portable dog washing with a beautiful design and a multi-functional wand. This 12-inch wand easily attaches to outdoor units for washing. It also comes with an 8-foot flexible hose that can be connected to an outside faucet.
The washer has a comb-shaped spray that may be operated with one hand. The thinness of the spray aids in cleaning sensitive regions. The washer also has a water dial for adjusting the quantity of water used while washing.
Because of its pleasant grip handle, you can effortlessly manage the entire dog washer without danger of it dropping off your hands.
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Allows easy penetration of water jet into the dog’s coat
- Has water dial to control the amount of water
- Wand shape to wash dogs of different sizes
- Comfortable grip handle
- Hose has poor quality
Wantedstuff 3 in 1 Pet Shower Kit
There is also a soft scrubber to pick up any loose hair reducing the amount of mess when using it outdoors. The scrubber can also be used to reduce tartar and plaque from the dog’s coat.
This washer does not disappoint as it comes with a finger dental hygiene brush that allows you to clean the hard-to-reach areas with ease. Besides, you can use it to clean teeth and gums of your pup to help prevent dental problems.
- Easy to use both indoors and outdoors
- Can adjust water pressure, which makes bathing your dog fun
- Comes with a bonus finger dental hygiene brush for improved oral health
- Comes with a long hose
- Universal connectors which can connect into showers and bathtubs
- The connector can easily pop off when not connected properly
Bissell Dog Bath and Grooming System
This is a very portable device that helps you to clean the hard to reach parts of your dog with ease. It effectively eliminates dirt while using less water, resulting in less waste. Its nozzle is uniquely designed to employ mild suction to quickly remove debris that is buried beneath the skin, making it a valuable tool for dogs with long hair and fur.
The additional accessories that come with this washing and grooming system are another plus. You’ll receive a bathing tool, a storage bag, and a bath unit. Shampoo, a microfiber mat, and a cleaning cloth are all included.
However, this dog shower emits some noise that’s similar to vacuum sound. You will, therefore, have to train your dog to acclimatize to this sound.
- The water tank can be used for warm and cold baths
- Easy to setup
- Washes leaving a minimal mess around the cleaning areas
- Ineffective for long-haired dogs
- Emits a sound similar to a vacuum that can scare the dog
Flying Pig Dog Washing Bath Tub
The Flying Pig Pet Dog Cat Washing Bathtub is an elevated bathtub that prevents back strain when washing your favorite canine pet. The raised form of the item makes it ideal for medium to small canines.
It is also long-lasting, thanks to the heavy-duty plastic basin and stainless-steel supports. The stands are constructed with a leveler, so they may be used on uneven terrain.
This dog shower provides 360-degree access, allowing you to wash your pet from any angle. Furthermore, it is quite lightweight, so you can take it with you when you go camping with your dog.
- Easy to assemble
- Very easy to move around
- Basin is durable
- Has a leveler that is adjustable for uneven floor
- Not suitable for big dogs
Booster Bath Elevated Station
A booster bath is an elevated bathing station that allows you to wash your pet while standing, avoiding back strain. The tub also has 360-degree access, so you will be the one moving about to clean the difficult-to-reach regions while the dog remains in the same position.
Despite its size, this bathing system is lightweight and simple to transport and construct. When you’re out doing outdoor activities, you may utilize it on the go. It’s also tough enough to endure any damaging outside elements.
To dispose of spent water, the bathing tub has a non-slip mat and floor grips, a fan nozzle, a shampoo caddy, and a drainage hose.
- Allows for 360 bathing
- Spacious enough to fit both small and big baths
- It’s lightweight
- Easy to assemble
- Well elevated for the comfort of users
- Has a limited drain hose
Aquapaw Pet Bathing Tool
This bathing system comes with an ergonomic design. There’s a water sprayer that you can strap on your hand when using it. The sprayer doubles as a tool for grooming and scrubbing your dog for a fun bathing moment and delivering water to clean your pet.
It also comes with a long hose of up to 8 feet with custom adaptors that you can fit on any hoses and spigots. It is, therefore, perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
If your dog is fussy when it comes to the amount of water used, then worry less as this dog washer has a toggle switch that gives you control of your dog’s bath experience by allowing you adjust the amount of water used during bathing.
This accessory also has a limited spray that improves the efficacy of the machine. Such sprayers are pressured, speeding the bath time and reducing messes.
- Unique toggle switch for easy water adjustment
- Spray nozzle fits securely on the palm
- Great design for easy washing
- Water flow not strong enough to effectively wash dogs with thick hair and fur
Dog Bathing Shower Sprayer
This is an excellent dog shower that comes with three faucet adapters (26mm, 20mm, and 17mm). This allows it to fit in many garden hose faucets. It also comes with a long hose, making it suitable for both outdoor and indoor use.
This attachment includes a thin shower head, a sprayer, and a bath scrubber for brushing and massaging your dog, making showering pleasurable for your dog. It is also created in the shape of a watch, so it fits on all hands. It also has a rotary that can be used to adjust the water pressure to the desired level.
- Rotary switch design to regulate water flow
- 8-foot long hose for comfortable outdoor use
- A band in the form of a watch, making it easy to secure with the hands
- Its adapter is not made for all faucets
Kurgo Portable Outdoor Dog Shower
This is the ideal travel shower, especially if you’re always on the go with your adorable canine companion. It’s a small, easy-to-pack and assemble accessory that’s ideal for beach, hiking, and camping.
Kurgo shower is constructed of safe materials and will not harm your dog in any way. Its substance is devoid of BPA and PVC, making it safe to use.
You can turn any plastic soda bottle into a dog shower with Kurgo Portable Outdoor Shower. This showerhead should fit in most common PET soda bottles.
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Made using safe materials
- Does not come with a bottle during purchase
BaileyBear Porta Collapsible Bath Tub
The BaileyBear tub is a portable dog shower that is lightweight, small, and foldable for simple storage, making it an excellent alternative for individuals who are constantly on the road.
This dog shower tub is ideal for small and medium-sized canines. It’s constructed of 100% silicone, so it’s safe for your dog and simple to clean.
It includes a non-slip bottom to keep your dog from slipping when bathing or getting out of the tub. Its supports are extremely strong and non-slip, and it may be utilized on any flat surface, indoors or out.
- Easy to store
- Best for small and medium-sized dogs
- Not suitable for big dogs
Jasonwell Foldable Dog Bath Pool
This is a portable dog shower that takes very little time and effort to put up. It is compact and portable, making it ideal for bringing with you wherever you go. Jasonwell Foldable Dog Pet Bath is also suitable for all sizes of dogs.
The dog shower is well-designed, with a thick non-skid floor and side drains to remove wasted water. The attachment is long-lasting since it is composed of extra-tough PVC. It also comes in five various sizes to accommodate small, medium, and large dogs.
This shower is composed of non-toxic, ecologically friendly materials that are safe for both the user and the dog. However, users are encouraged to cut their dog’s nails before usage.
- Easy to setup
- Easy to store
- Available in different sizes
- Not elevated
Mud Daddy-Mud Multipurpose Washing Device
The Mud Daddy is a multi-purpose mud washing equipment for cleaning your pet. The gadget has a wonderful design, a 5-liter water tank, and a brush shower head that you can use to clean your dog’s fur and eliminate filth.
If your dog is constantly in touch with muck, this is the dog shower to use. It successfully removes stubborn dirt from your best friend’s fur by combining water and air pressure.
The water tank can store warm water for several hours, up to 2.5 hours, allowing your dog to take a warm shower, which most pets like. Furthermore, it is simple to use and set up.
- Comes in a stylish design
- Keeps warm for several hours
- Very easy to use
- It’s not elevated
Epoca Freshower Portable Shower
The Epoca Freshwater Portable Shower is a lightweight, easy-to-use shower that is great for cleaning dogs who are constantly in contact with nature. As a result, you may take this portable shower with you whether you go trekking with your dog or camping. It is also multifunctional, so in addition to brushing your dog, you can use it to clean other camping goods.
The shower is composed of plastic and has a capacity of up to 7000ml, so you won’t have to constantly refilling it every time you use it. It also contains a safety valve that allows you to depressurize automatically and with less effort.
- Has a safety valve for depressurizing
- Can carry a huge amount of water
- Easy to use and lightweight
- Not durable due to its plastic material
Benefits of Portable Dog Washers
There are lots of perks of using portable dog washers to keep your dog clean, including:
- Gives So Much Freedom: Portable dog washers are mobile, which means you can shower your dog anywhere you are. Whether you are traveling with your dog to a far off place or going camping, you can carry your portable dog washer to keep your dog clean.
- 360-Degree Access: Unlike a regular bathtub, a portable dog bath gives you better access to your dog’s hidden parts. You can reach all the parts and exert enough pressure for the water to enter deep into the dog’s hair. This makes cleaning more comfortable and effective. The 360-degree access also ensures you comfortably clean your dog without turning him around.
- Makes Washing Large Dogs Seamless: Lifting large dogs into a bathtub can be daunting and can be dangerous if your dog doesn’t corporate. Portable washers eliminate the hassles of having to wrestle with your dog when you are cleaning him.
- Great When Travelling: If you love traveling with your pet, portable dog washers are the best tools you can rely on to keep your canine friend clean. The washers are particularly useful for dog owners who participate in field trials, dog shows, and other jobs that require constant travel.
- Does Not Strain Your Back: Cleaning your dog using conventional bath tabs can be strenuous. You will have to bend to clean the dog’s underside, which can end up hurting your back. Portable dog washers are raised to your height to make sure you clean your dog without bending an inch. This makes the whole experience very comfortable and fun.
- Suitable For Pet Owners With Disabilities Or Physical Limitations: If there is any physical limitation that makes bathing your pooch an uncomfortable experience, portable washers are the right accessories you need as they allow you to bath your dog while standing or sitting.
- Some Come With Great Accessories Like Leash Restraint: Some portable dog washers are equipped with leash restraints to help you control your dog and ensure that he remains still when taking a bath. You may not have such features in your bathroom.
- Great for Professional Dog Walkers and Sitters: If you are a professional dog sitter or walker, portable washers and bath systems can allow you to bath your clients’ dogs without messing their bathrooms. It is also a great time-saver should you need to clean a dog who has tromped through mud puddle in the course of your dog walking sessions.
How to Choose the Right Portable Dog Washer
Since there are so many portable dog washers available on the market, it’s essential to know the features that make some washers desirable. Here are factors to look for when purchasing a portable dog washer.
- Ease of setup: A good dog shower should be easy to setup. You should be able to attach it to a hose or faucet with no difficulties. Additionally, make sure the faucet or hose diameter fits well.
- Spray Settings: The more spray settings there are, the better. This enables the shower to spray water in a variety of patterns and intensities, as each dog responds differently to the impact of water. Dogs with long hair, for example, require more intense showers than those with short hair. As a result, if you have many dogs, a shower with multiple settings can enable you clean them all without having to purchase another dog washer.
- Hose Length: A long hose is preferred to enable you to wash your dog thoroughly. A hose that is about 8 feet should help you clean every spot on your dog’s coat. Besides, a long hose creates proper distance, which is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Materials: The quality of materials the washer is made of will determine how long it will last. If you are going to buy portable bath systems for large dogs, go for options with steel legs and joints.
- Extra Features: Washers with extra accessories such as pockets for combs or shampoo bottles can increase the overall enjoyment of using the device.
Tips on How to Make Portable Dog Baths More Enjoyable and Fun for Your Pup
- Always reward your pup with a treat whenever she portrays good behavior during the bath. This will make your dog love bath time.
- You can give your dog his favorite toys to play with as you bathe him. This is especially important for anxious dogs.
- Dogs love a relaxing massage. Adding a massage to your cleaning routine will make bathing fun for your fur friend. It also keeps your dog less nervous and always excited for a bath.
- The majority of pups are sensitive to cold and hot water. It’s essential to use lukewarm water when bathing as they enjoy it more, and this won’t harm or burn their skin.
Safety Tips for Bathing Your Dog in a Portable Dog Washer
Safety should always come first when cleaning your dog. The following are some of the safety tips you should observe when cleaning your dog in a portable dog washer.
- Don’t spray water directly on the face and ears: Avoid spraying your dog directly in the face as the dog may panic if the water prevents him from breathing. You shouldn’t spray ears as well because any trapped moisture can cause ear infections.
- Only use dog products: Some human products can harm your dog’s coat. Only use pet-safe products when cleaning your dog as they are effective in removing dirt and oil while also leaving your dog’s coat shiny and healthy.
- Use non-slip mats: A non-slip mat is vital to prevent your dog from sliding back into the washer after bathing. A slippery bottom can easily hurt your dog, and a non-slip mat is the best way to avoid such injuries.
- Keep Your Dog Restrained During Bath: Dogs can easily break their legs from jumping out of washers. The best way to prevent such accidents is to restrain your dog while bathing. You can use a detachable grooming loop to make sure your dog remains in the tub during bathing.
- Ensure You Rinse Your Dog Well: Residual soap in the dg’s coat can lead to flaking, itchiness, and hotspots among other skin problems. Therefore, rinse your dog thoroughly to get rid of any residual soap. It’s advisable to rinse your dog until you cannot see any suds. Once you are done, you should rinse again for another minute or two.
- Avoid Water And Shampoo Spillage: You should be cautious about spillage. It only takes a little water or shampoo spillage for you to fall, which can lead to injuries.
Tips for Taking Care of Your Portable Dog Washer
- Always conduct routine maintenance to prevent the buildup of dirt and limescale in the washer. You can check the user manual on how to maintain your dog washer.
- Always clean the drain and hose for any fur and hair that usually drop during washing. You should clean your machine every day after use.
- Applying too much soap does not only harm your dog but also damages your portable dog washer. It’s advisable to dilute soap before using it on your pet.
Portable dog washes are available in a variety of sizes and forms. The dog washer you pick will be determined by your demands, such as the size of your dog and whether or not you want an elevated washer. Hopefully, the information in this post will assist you in selecting the finest portable dog washing to keep your pet clean.